The Power of Speaking LIFE Into Your Life
BY LAIZA KING
Over the years, I’ve embraced the need to diligently and continuously speak LIFE and positive words into my life. The main purpose of words isn't for communication only but also for creation. So, whatever you want to create, it first happens with your mouth and words. I believe our words are seeds that either make or break us. Beyond just the words we speak, I find truth in the fact that Gods Word is very powerful and can positively transform our minds and lives if we are open to His Spirit and power.
The Bible shows us evidence in Genesis Chapter 1- In the beginning, God said, “Let there be light, and there was light.” Today, we are living in the reality of God’s light, just because God spoke. For an earthly example, Martin Luther King spoke strong words not minding that he might be killed. Today, we are living in the reality of the ‘I have a Dream’ speech, just because he spoke.
From my personal story, when I had surgery as a result of torn ligament, I used words from the bible and other affirmations to keep me sane. Prior to that, I almost gave up on everything. I felt like God had forgotten about me; I was broken in my thoughts and words which reflected in my expressions.
But in order to get back up, I needed to surrender my life again to God and consciously get my mind stayed on Him. It was a tough process- struggling to read my bible again, connecting with a Word based church and understanding that God still loves and cares for me despite any circumstance. With every voice that told me I was wasting my time, I fought back with the Word of God in my Spirit and with my mouth. I cultivated a habit of speaking faith based affirmative words that helped support me during my wilderness period. God’s Word is indeed sharper than any two edged sword, just as the Word tells us in Hebrews 4:12
I personally experienced the unmatchable power of God’s Word and watched how It transformed my mind, my thought process, work, relationship with people and my life in general. Every day, I placed my hands on my leg and spoke life from the Word using a compilation of verses from the Bible, even when physically I was hurting. I also placed my hands on my head and confessed that my thought process and mind was renewed daily by God’s Word.
This is one practice I advice everyone to imbibe, because we are a result of the words that proceed from our mouths. As human beings, it’s very easy to get trapped in the venom of negative words and thinking, especially when we are passing through a tough time. Sometimes, we accept the reports thrown at us even when they aren’t in line with Gods promise for our lives.
It’s important that we respect and value God’s Words as the greatest treasure we have. This respect for God’s word comes from even the smallest things that seem unnecessary. When we pray to God concerning a situation but still speak or think negatively, we are acting contrary to His Word and telling Him we don’t trust Him enough. For example, why should we as Christians confess that we are broke just because it’s a trendy word for having no cash at that moment? When God has in fact given us ALL things and called us to live in His abundance? Why should we keep confessing that we are hustling (which means struggling work), when God has indeed lavished us with His grace while we work hard?. In addition, God has promised us in Philippians 4:19 that He will liberally supply ALL (not some) our needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
I will admit, it can be tempting to get caught in all that trendy talk. But honestly when we come to an understanding and acceptance of God’s promises for us, we have inner peace that passeth ALL understanding, even in the face of adversity. The moment we start replacing those words that don’t align with God’s promise with direct Words from the Bible, we will start experiencing the manifestation of His power. By consistent practice and discipline, we will overcome the temptation to devalue God’s Word.
I have sown some seeds through words on the earth and I have watched them consistently manifest in my life. Even in my pain, I still spoke positive words of life, because I believed in God’s Word and I believed in the beauty of His future and purpose for my life. I do this every day (mostly mornings and some evenings) and it has become part of me and continues to overflow.
Below, I compiled a collection of 70 faith based affirmation words that could help. Some of the words below were gotten from Joyce Meyer’s book- The Secret of Speaking God’s Word Into Your Life. I normally pick from the list depending on how the Spirit leads me.
It’s time to SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE. Check out the powerful list below.
70 FAITH AFFIRMATIONS
1. I am blessed and highly favoured every moment of my life
2. I am beautiful and worthy to live a beautiful life!
3. I am grateful for this beautiful day and open to great possibilities. I declare that it is a great, productive and fruitful day.
4. I choose to be happy. I refuse to get angry. I see good in life and love people more; I I choose to be joyful! Nothing can stop me!
5. I am Great! I am Strong! I am a Victor! I am more than a conqueror!
6. I am basking in God’s unlimited love and favour over my life
7. I am the light of the world; I am the salt of the earth
8. I am healed by the stripes of Jesus Christ
9. I am breaking New and Higher grounds. I refuse to play small. I am unto greater things everyday
10. My life is free of negativity. I bask in love and light- always!
11. I am a blessing to my world, my generation and generations to come
12. I attract favour, great opportunities, good things and abundant blessings
13. I am creative with great ideas and I achieve my dreams
14. I embrace my uniqueness. I refuse to compare myself with people. I refuse to believe my excuses or the limitations of other people. I AM ENOUGH! I am unstoppable!
15. I accept responsibilities for my actions; my goals and how I spend my time
16. I am complete in Christ Jesus! Nothing missing, nothing broken in my life.
17. I take care of my body. I eat right, I exercise, I look good, I feel good, and I weigh what God wants me to weigh (1 Cor. 9:27; 1 Tim 4:8 TLB)
18. I am always a positive encourager. I edify and build up; I never tear down or destroy. (Rom. 15: 2)
19. I humble myself and God exalts me (1 Peter 5.6)
20. I am a new creature in Christ: old things have passed away; behold, ALL things are become new. (2 Cor. 5:17)
21. My thoughts are renewed daily and I think positively
22. I am a doer of the Word of God. I meditate on the Word all the day long. (James 1:22; Ps: 1:2)
23. I do not hate or walk in unforgiveness (1 John 2:11; Eph 4:32)
24. I cannot be disadvantaged because God makes ALL things work for my good
25. I am very prosperous; I prosper in everything I put my hands to do. I have prosperity in all areas of my life- spiritual, health, financial, physical, mental and social (Gen. 39:3; Josh 1:8; 3 John2)
26. Impossible is NOTHING! My God can do ALL things! I can do ALL things. I am possible.
27. My dreams are valid! I will fulfil destiny!
28. I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.
29. My path is a shining light and it shines brighter and brighter
30. I have the creative wisdom of God and I use it to serve God and mankind
31. I am brave enough to live in my truth and in the reality of my dreams
32. Gods plan for me is of good and not of evil.
33. I live a happy, healthy, wealthy, spirit filled and fulfilled life!
34. I am growing and becoming strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace (favor and spiritual blessing) of God is upon me. —LUKE 2:40
35. I do not have a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind.—2 TIMOTHY 1:7 (KJV)
36. I am determined and confident! I am not afraid or discouraged, for the Lord my God is with me wherever I go. —JOSHUA 1:9 (GNT)
37. I trust (lean on, rely on, and am confident) in the Lord and do good; so shall I dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly I shall be fed. —PSALM 37:3
38. “... I lean on, trust in, and put my confidence in the Lord and I’m safe and set on high.” —PROVERBS 29:25
39. God guards me, keeps me in perfect and constant peace because my mind is stayed on Him, because I commit myself to Him, lean on Him, and hope confidently in Him. —ISAIAH 26:3
40. I am confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. —PHILLIPPIANS 1:6 (NKJV)
41. I am a God-pleaser, not a people-pleaser. I obey God before man. —ACTS 5:29
42. I am not controlled by what people think of me. As long as God is satisfied with me I am satisfied. —1 CORINTHIANS 4:3-4
43. I am strong and of good courage, I do not fear nor am I afraid, for the Lord my God, He is the one who goes with me. He will not leave me nor forsake me. —DEUTERONOMY 31:6 (NKJV)
44. I ARISE [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept me—I arise to a new life] and Shine! ISAIAH 60:1
45. I shine [am radiant with the glory of the Lord], for my light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon me! —ISAIAH 60:1
46. I humble myself under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt me in due time . . . casting all my care upon Him, for He cares for me. —1 PETER 5:6, 7 (NKJV)
47. Without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to God. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out]. —HEBREWS 11:6
48. I live by faith, not by sight. —2 CORINTHIANS 5:7 (NIV)
49. I actualize and put my faith into action. I don’t just speak, but I take steps and I prosper because God is with me
50. I am assured and know that [God being a partner in my labor] all things work together for good, because I love God and I am called according to [His] design and purpose. —ROMANS 8:28
51. I am rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined. —1 PETER 5:9
52. I shall find favor, good understanding, and high esteem in the sight [or judgment] of God and man. —PROVERBS 3:4
53. I fear not [there is nothing to fear], for God is with me. I do not look around in terror and be dismayed, for He is my God. He will strengthen and harden me to difficulties, yes, God will help me; yes, He will hold me up and retain me with His [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice. —ISAIAH 41:10
54. I am useful and helpful and kind to others, tender- hearted (compassionate, understanding, loving- hearted), forgiving others [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave me. —EPHESIANS 4:32
55. I shall not die but live, and shall declare the works and recount the illustrious acts of the Lord. —PSALM 118:17
56. My light shall break forth like the morning, and my healing (my restoration and the power of a new life) shall spring forth speedily. —ISAIAH 58:8
57. I dwell in the secret place of the Most High God and abide under the shadow of the Almighty. . . . He covers me with His feathers, and under His wings I trust and take refuge; His truth is my shield and buckler. —PSALM 91:1, 4
58. I give no [unnecessary] sleep to my eyes, nor slumber to my eyelids. . . —PROVERBS 6:4, 10-11
59. I ask and keep on asking and I receive. I seek and keep on seeking and I find. I knock and keep on knocking and the door is opened unto me. —MATTHEW 7:7-8
60. I give, and [gifts] are given to me; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For with the measure I deal out [with the measure I use when I confer benefits on others], it will be measured back to me. —LUKE 6:38
61. I have victory wherever I go.—2 SAMUEL 8:6
62. I take my life goals seriously and I understand that I am accountable to God and myself.
63. I am here for a good reason and I will achieve that purpose. I am committed to being a positive influence. I do not indulge in any form of gossip & negativity!
64. I do not complain, instead I use my time wisely towards honouring my values and goals.
65. Despite the situations and challenges that confront me, I decree that I am blessed and God loves me beyond circumstances. I learn every necessary lesson and grow!
66. I understand that I am not perfect. I ignore any desire to see myself more highly than others. I am enough just as I am. I embrace people and love even more.
67. I am not afraid to go into the unknown because I know I have overcome, and mistakes do not determine my worth. I ARISE! I SHINE! I WIN EVERYDAY!
68. I choose to be myself, love myself and allow others to be themselves. I understand that we all have different races to run and I focus on my own lane.
69. God loves me just the way I am. God perfectly completes me. I embrace my full potential. I refuse to play small. I will rise up every day and call myself BLESSED!
70. I do not allow hate and negativity or anyone to stop me from the heavenly race which I greatly desire in Christ ABOVE ALL!
I truly believe these words will heal and help someone. Lets speak life as God spoke. His words will NEVER return to him void
Laiza King is a unique faith, inspirational and lifestyle blogger.Laiza King is focused on empowering individuals to live to their highest potential in life by embracing their uniqueness and becoming the best version of themselves.